Welding & Metal Treatment Products // Surface Treatment
- Quick acting
- One step treatment
- Completely water rinseable
- Conforms to the International Standard ASTM A380-17
- Convenient size packs - no wastage
- Can be used on vertical surfaces
Direction for use
1. Clean the weld area carefully using a stainless-steel brush.
2. Roll or shake the drum of Weldbrite if possible for 30 seconds prior
to opening the container to ensure a smooth consistency. 3. After welding ensure the area to be pickled has sufficient time to cool below 40⁰C.
4. Apply the Weldbrite gel to the area to be cleaned, using the brush provided or with an acid resistant spray pump and applicator. DO NOT PICKLE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
5. Application times may vary depending on ambient temperature, the grade of stainless, surface.
6. To clean, rinse the surface with clean potable water. The best results are obtained by the use of high-pressure water jet or similar. Ensure the pickle residues are not left on the surface.
Caution: This product contains Hydrofluoric Acid and Nitric Acid and is corrosive and toxic. Wear appropriate clothing, i.e. full body protection, breathing apparatus, face shield, gloves, boots etc.
Do not use Weldbrite near open flames or cutting torches, since a hazardous flammable gas can be generated. Keep lid tightly closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry spot away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children. If used in poorly ventilated areas, use a respirator equipped with a chlorine type filter.
If you have to neutralise the Weldbrite residue this can be done using S-Weld Neutralizer neutralising solution. Add S-Weld Neutralizer neutralising solution until the colour remains a pale pink colour.