Non Destructive Testing // Magnetic Particles
- A unique 360° spray valve
- High contrast, fast drying and low odour
- Multiple spray patterns for controlled application and comfort
- Aerosols offer convenience and portability
- More coverage for every application
- Solvent removable
DUBL-CHEK CP-2 is a specially formulated, fast drying, low odour white paint that provides a high contrast background for interpreting magnetic particle results. CP-2 enhances the visibility of indications under visible light conditions when the background material has a similar colour to the particles. When dry, CP-2 is resistant to wet suspension fluids but is easily removed with DUBL-CHEK DR-64.
• ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section V
• ASTM E709
• ASTM E3024
• AS 1171
• ISO 99341
|Odour:||Low residual smell|
|Aerosol Coverage:||Approx. 60 linear meters|
|Temperature limit:||4°C to 50°|
1. Clean the test surface and allow it to dry.
2. The longer CP-2 is stirred or agitated the more uniform the spray.
3. Apply a thin coat of CP-2 contrast paint to the inspection area from approximately 150mm from the surface.
4. Wait approximately 20 seconds, depending on ambient temperature, for the paint to dry.
5. Magnetise the area to be inspected.
6. Ensure continuous agitation of the suspension fluid. If using an aerosol, shake vigorously before and during inspection.
7. Apply the suspension to the test part.
8. Allow the excess oil/water to run off the inspection area.
9. Inspect the surface under visible light.
10. Collections of particles will reveal discontinuities at the leakage fields.
11. Clean and repeat the process; changing the orientation of the magnetising direction
|1504/42||3.8 litres (1 gallon)|
|1504/51||18.9 litres (5 gallons)|