Welding & Metal Treatment Products // Surface Treatment
Callington S-Weld Passivator gel is a powerful oxidising gel for the passivation of stainless steel, duplex steel and Inconel alloys. S-Weld Passivator can be used following pickling, grinding or mechanical polishing of stainless steel to ensure a passive surface is obtained prior to installation or commissioning of the final product.
Direction for use
1. Surface should be pre-cleaned to remove oils and greases before applying passivating agent. Use Callington S-Weld Brite Wash. Any contamination will shorten the life of the passivating gel.
2. Stir the gel to ensure a smooth consistency and apply S-Weld Passivator using the acid resistant brush provided.
3. Application Times
|Grade of Stainless Steel||Temperature 20 - 38⁰C||Temperature 50 - 70⁰C|
|200,300,400 Series||30 – 45 minutes||10 – 30 minutes|
|Duplex||30 – 45 minutes||10 – 30 minutes|
|Super Duplex||30 – 45 minutes||10 – 30 minutes|
|Inconel 625, 825||30 – 45 minutes||10 – 30 minutes|
4. Rinse thoroughly with clean potable water, dry surfaces to prevent water staining (smut). If a neutralizing agent has been used this must be followed by rinsing again with clean potable water and surfaces should be dried to prevent water staining.
This product contains Nitric Acid and is corrosive and poisonous.
Wear appropriate chemical protective clothing, eye protection and breathing apparatus as necessary.
1. Wear PVC gloves, goggles, overalls and safety boots. Wear a respirator if working in confined or poorly ventilated area.
2. Avoid spillages and do not allow gel to come in contact with the body or eyes. Avoid breathing in the vapours.
3. If skin contact occurs, immediately flush body and/or clothes with water. Remove all contaminated clothing.
4. Replace the lid on the container tightly after use, and store upright in a cool dry area away from direct sunlight. Do not store or use below 5⁰C.
5. S-Weld Passivator has a recommended shelf life of twelve (12) months if stored as per above conditions (item 4).