Aviation Products // Line Maintenance & Exterior Cleaning
- Alkaline water-based biodegradable concentrated cleaner
- Adjustable dilution rates for various cleaning applications
- For use on all metal and painted exterior surfaces
- Also suitable for landing gears, wheel wells, wing flaps
- Conforms to both Boeing and Airbus approvals
CH511C is an alkaline, water based highly concentrated compound designed to effectively clean and degrease painted and unpainted aircraft exterior surfaces, when diluted with water or solvents.
Directions for Use
General Wet wash for Exterior Surfaces:
1. Dilution prior to use:
- Light Soils: Dilute 1-part of CH511C with 15 to 40 parts of the water. (At airline discretion)
- Moderate soils: Dilute 1-part of CH511C with 5 to 20 parts of the water.
- Heavy soils: Dilute 1-part of CH511C with 2 to 5 parts of the water.
2. Apply the diluted CH511C on the surfaces with a clean cloth, mop brush, pad, or spray equipment.
3. Allow the product to penetrate the soil. For heavy soiling spread and agitate the product over the surface.
4. Rinse with preferably a free-flowing stream of water or a high-pressure washer, starting from the top and then working downwards.
Heavy Duty Cleaning for landing gear and in wheel wells:
1. Dilute 1 part of CH511C with with 2 to 4 parts water or 1-part CH511C with 5 to 8 parts watermiscible solvent. Mix properly for 5-10 mins.
2. Apply the product on the surfaces with a clean cloth, mop brush, pad, or spray equipment from bottom and work upwards. Allow the liquid to remain on soil to penetrate and then agitate with mops or brushes, followed by rinsing with water.
General Dry Wash for Exterior Surfaces:
1. Dilute 1 part of CH511C with 40-60 parts of water. (At airline discretion)
2. Apply in smooth continuous strokes over the surface in sections, with a clean cloth, mop, brush, pad, or spray equipment. For heavy soiling spread and agitate the product over the surface.
3. Leave the product to penetrate the soil.
4. While the product is still wet, remove it completely by wiping with a clean microfiber/soft cotton cloth. Replace cloth before it becomes saturated with soil.
5. Repeat process if section is not clean, then continue to next section.
• AMS 1526C
• AMS 1550B
• Douglas CSD No.1 Type 1
|pH:||12.3 ± 0.5|
|pH at 1% dilution:||10.4 ± 0.5|
|Cloud Point:||7°C maximum|