Please fill all fields marked with *
Welding & Metal Treatment Products // Surface Treatment
- Conforms to ASTM a380 and ASTM a967 passivation treatment
- Ease of application when passivating small parts, ensuring all areas are reached
- Enhancement of chrome oxide corrosion resistant (passive) layer
- Dissolves any residual surface contamination, preventing corrosion
- Improved quality of fabricated product, ensuring a longer life span
- Economical as there is no loss of the passivation solution and it can be reused many times
S-Weld Passivator is a powerful oxidising solution for the passivation of stainless steel, duplex steel and Inconel alloys. S-Weld Passivator can be used following pickling, grinding or mechanical polishing of stainless steel to ensure a passive surface is obtained prior to installation or commissioning of the final product. As with liquid pickling solution a bath/emersion passivation method produces the best results as it reaches all areas of the surface.
Direction for use
1. Surfaces should be pre-cleaned to remove any oils and greases before applying passivating agent. Callington has S-Weld Brite Wash as a pre-cleaner. Any contamination will shorten the life of the passivating solution.
2. Apply by dip immersion, wiping or spraying using a non-atomising acid resistant pump.
3. The material is lowered into the bath in a manner that will ensure complete immersion. With small objects they should contained in basket to allow easy removal. Always allow time for the material or basket to drain to prevent loss of liquid.
4. Application Times
|Grade of Stainless||Temperature 20 - 38ºC||Temperature 50 - 70ºC|
|200,300,400 Series||30 – 45 minutes||10 – 30 minutes|
|Duplex||30 – 45 minutes||10 – 30 minutes|
|Super Duplex||30 – 45 minutes||10 – 30 minutes|
|Inconel 625, 825||30 – 45 minutes||10 – 30 minutes|
5. Rinse thoroughly with clean potable water, dry surfaces to prevent water staining (smut). If a neutralising agent has been used this must be followed by rinsing again with clean potable water and surfaces should be dried to prevent water staining.