Non Destructive Testing // Cleaners & Removers
DUBL-CHEK DR-60 Cleaner / Remover can be used in the penetrant process to remove excess penetrant from part surfaces. In the penetrant process, it is a manual wipe on and wipe off material and is recommended for small areas. DR-60 may also be used for generally cleaning oily, dirty surfaces. DR-60 is especially suitable for cleaning prior to the application of inspection penetrants. Complies with low sulphur and low halogen requirements.
• QPL-AMS-2644 listing
• MIL-I-25135 Revisions C, D & E
• ASME Code NDT, Sec V
• SAE AMS 2644
|Odour:||low petroleum smell|
1. Application: Apply penetrant only to clean, dry surfaces by spraying, flowing, brushing or dipping.
2. Dwell Time: After application, allow the penetrant to drain from the part surface back into the penetrant tank to conserve material.
3. Removal: Remove as much excess penetrant as possible using clean, dry rag or towelling. Remove remaining penetrant film by wiping with a lint free rag or towelling that has been slightly moistened with DR-60. Use a minimal of DR-60; avoid flushing penetrant from flaws.
4. Drying: Allow the surface to dry completely before applying the developer.
5. Developing: Apply the developer by cloud, dusting, spray or dip using the appropriate developer. Flaw marks are visible under appropriate lighting almost immediately but allow sufficient developing time to enhance the flaw visibility.
6. Inspection: Inspect parts under appropriate light.
|1487/42||3.8 litres (1 gallon)|
|1487/51||18.9 litres (5 gallons)|
|1487/64||208 litres (55 gallons)|