Non Destructive Testing // Magnetic Particles
- Particles are easily agitated, fast acting and produce defined indications
- Particles meet specification requirements
- Can be used with both stationary and portable magnetic test equipment Can be used at elevated temperatures
- The red colour gives a clear contrasting colour to backgrounds
DUBL-CHEK Red Powder No. 6 is a highly refined non-fluorescent red magnetic powder used for dry method magnetic particle inspection. It is designed to be used in visible light to reveal discontinuities. The particles respond to magnetic leakage fields created by discontinuities in ferromagnetic material. Particles rapidly collect at leakage fields producing red indications.
• ASTM E709
• AMS 3040
• NAVSEA 250-1500-1
• ASTM E1444
• ASME SE-709
• ASME B&PV CODE
• SECTION V ARTICLE 7 & ARTICLE 25
• API RP 5A5
|Specific Gravity:||2.5 – 3.0 g/ml|
|Particle Size:||15 – 160 µm (average 75µm)|
|Sensitivity:||8 lines on an AISI Ketos tool steel ring|
1. Clean the test surface and allow it to dry.
2. Apply Red Powder No. 6 to the part with a powder spray bulb or powder blower.
3. Magnetise the area to be inspected.
4. As the current is being applied, dust the powder over the part. If excessive powder is visible, gently blow the extra powder off.
5. Inspect the surface under visible light.
6. Collections of particles will reveal discontinuities at the leakage fields.
7. Clean and repeat the process; changing the orientation of the magnetising direction.
|1536/50LBS||22kgs (5.9 gallons)|