During normal daily use aircraft, toilets carry solid and liquid wastes that form limescale, calcium and other deposits throughout the system. Callington Unblock has been specially designed to deal with these buildups, as an effective descaling product and help maintain a fully functioning toilet system. Regular cleaning with Unblock ensures toilets fully operational during flight.
Callington Unblock is suitable for both vacuum and re-circulating toilets.
Directions for Use
For vacuum toilets – general maintenance:.
- 1. (Optional) To increase the efficacy, fill the bowl with crushed ice (1 to 1,5 cm of diameter).
- 2. Then pour 2 litres of Unblock down each toilet bowl or directly into the flushing system.
- 3. Allow the cleaning solution to remain in the system for 10-15 minutes.
- 4. Flush the toilet several times.
- 5. Complete this procedure for all toilets on the aircraft.
- 6. Rinse with water once complete. Empty the waste tank again before returning the toilet to
Re-circulating toilets general maintenance:
- 1. Make sure that each toilet unit has been emptied.
- 2. Start the process at the most forward lavatory by putting 2 litres of Unblock down each toilet.
- 3. Flush the toilet twice.
- 4. Complete this procedure for all toilets on both sides of the aircraft.
- 5. Flush the toilet 3 –4 times in the first hour to re-circulate Unblock through the toilet unit.
- 6. Continue to flush every hour during 2 to 4 hours.
- 7. Empty the waste tank again before returning the toilet to service in order to maintain capacity and minimize weight.
• AMS 1640C
Appearance: Slightly viscous light link liquid
Density at 20°C: 1.0 +/- 0.1
pH: 2.2 +/- 1
Odour: Slightly piquant